The magic of travelling
University Lecturer in Physical Geography.
His research interests focus on fluvial geomorphology (sediment transport, landscape evolution), hydrology (moddeling and GIS), and water resources (water management, urban and tourist water demand).
- Garcia, C.; Cohen, H.; Reid, I.; Rovira, A.; Úbeda, X.; Laronne, J.B. (2007) Processes of Initiation of Motion Leading to Bedload Transport in Gravel-bed Rivers. Geophysical Research Letters, 34, 6, L06403.
- Garcia, C., Laronne, J.B., Sala, M. (2000) Continuous monitoring of bedload flux in a mountain gravel-bed river. Geomorphology 34 1-2, Pages 23-31.
- Garcia, C., Laronne, J.B., Sala, M. (1999) Variable source areas of bedload in a gravel-bed stream Journal of Sedimentary Research 69 1, Pages 27-31.
- Vericat, D.; Batalla, R.J., Garcia, C. (2006): Breakup and reestablishment of the armour layer in a large gravel-bed river below dams: the lower Ebro. Geomorphology 76 (1-2), 122-136.
- Garcia, C.; Servera, J. (2003): Impacts of tourism development on water demand and beach degradation on the island of Mallorca (Spain). Geografiska Annaler Series A-Physical Geography 85 (3-4) 287-300.